Friday, April 14, 2017

Procrastinating in the Little RV

I'm procrastinating. There, I said it. I have so much to do to get ready to move into the motel while the Little RV is in the shop but my heart just isn't in it. Perhaps more coffee?

It's Friday and we are in Goshen, Indiana near the mecca of the RV industry, Elkhart, Indiana. The Forest River Factory is in Elkhart. Sunday afternoon we will deliver the Little RV to the factory entrance and move into the motel for an unknown amount of time. Our long list of repairs may take a couple of days or it may take the full week. I have to be there with the motorhome at 7am Monday morning for a walk through with the technician.

For this little family moving into a motel is not as simple as pack a suitcase and go. We have days of preparation and a ridiculous amount of stuff we have to take along. There's the dogs stuff. His bed, grooming tools, food, bowls, toys, leash, etc. Then there's our basic stuff like clothing and toiletries. Then there's the other stuff. Rob's oxygen machine which is the size of a small refrigerator, oxygen tubing, c-pap machine, medications, and scales for daily weights so his congestive heart failure doesn't get out of control. Our computers are a must as well as something to do with our idle time.

But that's not all. We have to take all of our food with us because we can't eat out due to the sodium content in most foods that are not fresh and home cooked. Salt and congestive heart failure are mortal enemies. All of that said, it's just a lot of work to get us moved and into a motel so I'm procrastinating. 

We are currently staying at the county campgrounds in Goshen. It's pretty empty given the time of year and weather. It's so cold to us. We've been in a warm climate for so long that temps in the upper 40s take a bit of getting used to.

There's a couple camped here who have a darling little dog named Henry. Henry is a Schnoodle. He's a Schnauzer and Poodle mix. Murphy and Henry have become fast friends. They could wrestle for hours.

Murphy loves the fairgrounds. There are so many great places to run off-leash.

Next time I post I'll give you the low-down on the repairs. There's a very long list and I'm hoping for the best but having experienced many RV repairs I have a healthy balance of doubt as well. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Watching dogs play and having them around make the world's troubles seem far away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth Dizzy! I don't know what I'd do without my pup.
      Juley

      Delete