And then he was so tired.
It's Sunday and we got the motorhome back from the Forest River factory Friday late afternoon. I don't have any pictures of the repairs but I'll sprinkle in some of the pretty spring photos from the fairgrounds where we are camped.
We have an MCD power operated day and night shade in our front window. Over time the shade has started to sag. The shade edges are fraying and I find metal shaving under the brackets.
- One of the brackets on the old shade had broken causing the shade to sag and the edges to fray. They replaced the old shade with a brand new one.
We have tile floors except for the bedroom floor. The grout cracks and chips out. Our dealer repair shop replaced some of the grout but it has turned black and it will not come clean and one of the tiles they re-grouted actually wobbles when you step on it. We also have two broken tiles and were not given any replacement tiles.
- They removed all of the grout throughout the motorhome, replaced the broken and cracked tiles and re-grouted using a flexible grout. The floors look gorgeous but they are slicker than snot.
Both of our air conditioning units have issues. The front unit does not cool adequately and the back unit drips water occasionally and shuts itself off occasionally.
- A Dometic repair person inspected both units and said they are functioning properly. However, last night the rear until shut itself off and displayed an error message. I will contact them first thing Monday morning and arrange another visit before we leave the area.
One of the faucets in the main bathroom does not shut off properly.
- The style of faucet in our unit is no longer available so they replaced both faucets with the new version.
|Mom! I smell chicken!|
- Forest River called Lippert, the manufacturer of the slide mechanism, to evaluate the slide problem. They determined the problem was with the flow divider which apparently controls the hydraulic fluid flow when opening and closing the slide. They replaced the part and say all is well now. The had to make several small repairs to things caused by the slide problem. We had a drawer glide pull off on one side, that same cabinet facing was coming apart and the trim around the area was torn up pretty badly. They fixed all of that. We'll monitor the slide situation.
- The leak was caused by a faulty, misaligned seal between the window and the outside of the wall. They replaced the seal and gave it a good water test in a booth with water spraying from every angle and extremely high winds. It did not leak during the test.
- The refrigerator problem was apparently caused by the bracing at the bottom rear of the unit. It was simply not adequate for the weight of the fridge. They added additional support and put it back in its home.
Our bedroom slide tilts when extended. The top sits closer to the motorhome than the bottom.
- The bedroom slide is functioning as desired. The slide seals apparently had some issues because they replaced them.
- They "fixed" the burner and then showed me how well it was working. It wasn't working again. They "fixed" it again and it worked when we left the factory. When I tried to fire it up yesterday it wouldn't light. That goes on the list for Monday as well.
- This is reportedly fixed and was apparently operator error. We'll give it another try.
- One of the wires was disconnected. Gotta love those bumpy roads.
- Fixed by adjusting the latch.
- This has been adjusted and secured.
- There was a hole in the wall behind the dash. The filled it with spray foam. Hopefully that will help with the water and the heat.
- Nothing was done about this as the body shop was booked several weeks out. Still there and still ugly.
- A few other things were found by Forest River and fixed. We have to change out our bulbs under the microwave at least once a month. The last time the bulb broke apart and ruined the socket. I have been trying to get a new socket from Lippert but have not had any response. Forest River actually put a brand new Convection/Microwave in for us.
- We have been having trouble with our inverter on and off so Forest River replaced it with a new one. Friday a similar thing happened in their lot so they are going to get us an updated model and either ship it to us to have it installed or if they can get it soon they can install it here.
- They worked really hard to clean up after themselves but the dust from removing the grout must have been really bad because it's everywhere even after they cleaned up. I'll be finding it for a long, long time. I'm so happy with the floors though.
- They also preformed a full safety inspection from end to end including the alarms, propane gas system, water system, etc.
Final thought! Do you have a cool 3/4 of a million dollars laying around? If you do you might want to consider an Entegra Cornerstore like the one in the photos above and below.
There was an Entegra rally here last week and these beauties are all over the campground. It's a beauty and the stuff RV Dreams are made of.