We received our engine blanket insulation yesterday and promptly tore into the dog house to install it.
Getting the cover off was easier than I thought. There are two screws in the bottom of the cup holders. They hold the tray on. I removed them, opened the clips on each side and slid the cover off.
You can see there is no insulation around the inside of the green fiberglass edging and some of the insulation was just hanging from the bottom side.
I discovered there was already insulation in the bottom side of the cover but it was fairly thin and not installed all the way to the edges.
This photo was taken after we got the new insulation in place. The new stuff is 3/4" thick. It's also VERY sticky so getting it in the right spot before you let it touch is important. I made sure to leave enough to push it into the space behind the seal.
I stuck my arm and camera down into the engine compartment to get this picture
showing the newly insulated area about six inches wide around the inside of the dog house base.
We got it all sealed up and put back together but the test will be today when we take George to get his wheels aligned. We'll be able to tell if the engine noise is better. The heat test will be tomorrow when we move to our next stop.