Friday, July 15, 2016

Making the Little RV Floors Shine

George, our 2015 Forest River, Georgetown has white tile in the living area and both bathrooms. We also have white grout. I love the tile! It's so easy to keep clean and always looks great. The grout, not so much. 

We've been living in George for nearly a year and with Murphy, our pup, away at board and train it's time to tackle some of those bigger jobs like cleaning the grout. 

It did a lot of reading trying to figure out what works well for cleaning white grout and found so many different options. There is a grout cleaner by Zep that was highly recommended but it just didn't work well for me. I also tried hydrogen peroxide, and vinegar and baking soda. 

This worked wonders for me. I does have bleach in it so make sure you get some good air circulation going before you begin. 

I simply ran a small bead of cleaner along the grout lines, scrubbed with a tooth brush let it sit for a couple of minutes, and wiped it away. 

After I was finished I mopped the whole floor, let it dry and applied grout sealer to the grout. Hopefully I won't have to do it again any time soon. 

It sure looks great though!

2 comments:

  1. I have been using the Clorox spray bleach cleaner for years on our grout. Way too easy compared to other methods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After trying this I'm a convert. It was really fast and easy. Glad it works for you too!
      Juley

      Delete