Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Camping with the Family and Missing Murphy in the Little RV

The other day we moved to a state park in Oregon. We are about 40 miles east of Portland, Oregon. 


We chose a state park so my daughter and her family could come and tent camp along with us.  We got a huge site with full hook-ups.

Here they are all crammed into their car, on their way with a ton of camping gear and big smiles!

There was a dog in that car too. Waffle!


It was this little guy's first camping trip. He's nearly 6 months old. 
What's the best part of camping? The campfire and S'mores!


For some reason Rob and I never have campfires. I think we've only had two since we started full-timing four years ago. When we do we wonder why we don't. It's so much fun. 

It was cloudy part of the first day but it cleared up toward evening. The glowing red tent made going to sleep really hard for the little ones.
Tiny took a break from bike riding to eat a S'more.

On their last morning we all woke up to rain! The big kids came inside to watch cartoons with Grammie and Grampie. 
A very rare moment with Tiny, she actually sat on my lap. She's usually way to busy to visit. 

Camden spent a lot of time playing with some of the other kids in the campground. He had a great time but I didn't get many photos. His mom got this one while he was scarfing down his dinner. 

We had a great time and would love to do it again when we are back from our upcoming trip.

Murphy is still at board and train lovingly referred to as summer camp. He's doing well. I get a video of training and what he has accomplished every evening. I'm impressed! I sure miss him. 

7 comments:

  1. Nice pictures of your family...looks like everyone had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We really did have a great time.

      Delete
  2. Taking kids camping and having a big camp fire and making S'morse will give them live long memories. I am 73 and still fondly remember my childhood camping trips with family and making S'mores around the camp fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dizzy, we're hoping to do this at least once each time when we are in the area. It was great fun.
      Juley

      Delete
  3. You kind of scared me with the title of this post. Glad Murphy is okay, just spending time at Doggie Camp!! Enjoy your family.
    I'm on a 6-7 week journey in my own little RV, and Hanna is loving all the new sites and smells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, I hope you're having a fabulous time on your journey with Hanna. We are leaving today for our big summer, fall and winter trip. I'm ready!
      Juley

      Delete
  4. Love the whole idea of RVing because it's like camping anytime you want on your own terms. Having the family come meet you was a great idea. Those memories around the fire are going to be cherished by those kids for years to come. Enjoy your new RV and your fun times that are right around the next corner!

    ReplyDelete