If all goes well in surgery today he will start dialysis today and have it for three consecutive days. The plan is Thursday he should be released from the hospital, Friday he should have outpatient dialysis locally and on Sunday we will move back to Washington. He will have dialysis three times a week from now on.
We are planning to switch him to home dialysis after he is stabilized so we can continue our travels. We have so many more places to go.
I am particularly hopeful he will feel better without all of those nasty toxins in his system.
In case you're wondering, we're in Oregon. We were here awaiting the birth of our 7th grandchild who arrived on January 31st. His name is River and he just couldn't wait to meet his new family so he came 8 days early.
Rob hasn't met him yet but hopefully this week we can arrange something. He's a keeper.
Our pup Murphy is doing well.
He's nearly 11 months old and he's a big boy, nearly 70 lbs. He's been great for Rob when he's been feeling down. Murphy is a lap dog and he loves to climb up and snuggle with daddy.
I've managed to rent another lot in the same resort where we generally stay in Olympia. This time we even have a storage shed. Talk about luxury! It's going to be a good place for Rob to rehab and get his strength back.
I'll try to do a better job of keeping up with the blog from here on out.