Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Little RV Visits Stonehenge... make that Foamhenge

While we were in Virginia we read about a life sized replica of England's famous Stonehenge. Rob and I visited the real Stonehenge years ago on one of his business trips to London. When I read about the replica I had to see it. 

The US version is made from Styrofoam so they call it Foamhenge. The information I found said it was hard to find because the sign had blown down a couple of years ago during a storm. The directions were pretty sketchy but we were successful in finding it and it wasn't disappointing. 

The replica was up on top of a steep hill and the sun was sinking low in the sky. This sign was at the base of the hill. 







Foamhenge from the bottom of the hill









































I think parts of the replica have been damaged and removed.  There was a blanket of tiny white pieces of Styrofoam on the ground. I love a good roadside attraction.  

Yesterday we moved to North Carolina. We are staying at a campground in Mt. Airy where we spent a week two years ago on the way to Florida.  It's a great park. It's nice to be in a familiar place sometimes. 

2 comments:

  1. I never knew there was a "foamhenge". Next time I am over that way, maybe I could find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find it Dizzy. I used GPS and I found the attraction on tripadvisor.com for Natural Bridge, Virginia.
      Juley

      Delete