Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Into Every Life Some Rain Must Fall....

This morning (Tuesday) I woke up to a bright, sunny, blue sky. That certainly wasn't the case yesterday.  We left Gull Lake COE Campground at about 8:30 am yesterday.  That is early for us but Rob was up before me for some reason and had packed our lunch so it didn't take long to get on the road. We weren't going to try to get into the tiny dump station again so we took off with some extra water weight, so to speak. 

It rained all day Sunday and was cloudy when we left the campground. Our drive was fairly short again, only about 110 miles. Our destination was Knife River, MN just north of Duluth.  The weather for our drive was cloudy but dry. 

We arrived at the campground at around 11 am.  I went in to check in and when Rob tried to start the truck to move to our site it wouldn't start.  Randy, the park owner, immediately went to work trying to figure out the problem. Within 15 minutes there were at least 6 men clustered around the engine of the truck. These are the friendliest people I have ever met.  

Eventually we were able to get the truck started and move to our site.  We got set up and tried to unhitch the RV and we had the same problem.  Rob was able to get it started again by turning the key slightly when the engine was trying to start. All of the males, including Rob, who were involved in the first attempt to start the truck have decided the problem is in the ignition switch.  

Next stop, the Ford dealership in Duluth. It poured rain as we drove back to Duluth. We dropped the truck off so they can work it in between appointments. They hope to take a look on Wednesday. We rented a car from the Ford dealer.  We have gone from a giant Ford F 350 Club Cab Dually truck to a tiny Ford Focus. Wow, sure makes you feel vulnerable.  I used to drive a Mini Cooper but I don't remember feeling that small.  

The silver lining; we'll be getting about 33 mpg in the little car for sightseeing.

We have full hook-ups here and I have started my laundry marathon.  Rob is pretty tired so I imagine he'll rest today.  

I wanted to take photos of Lake Superior on the way to the campground but it was reflecting the sky which was gray.  I didn't even try to take a picture.  I don't think you would have been able to tell the water from the sky.

I'm sure there will be photos for the next post. In the mean time, keep your fingers crossed for a quick and inexpensive repair of the truck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment