Friday, June 20, 2014

Home Sweet Home in Montana with the Little RV

We arrived in Montana yesterday after a truly harrowing drive on Hwy 12 from Orofino, Idaho. The highway is narrow with only very small shoulders and a river right on one side or another the entire way.  I practically burned the passenger side brakes up trying to slow the Little RV down.  Even Grant was out of sorts after we arrived.  

The reason I was so stressed is because there were people bicycling.  You'd go around a corner at 50 or 60 MPH and there in your lane was a bike or two and heaven help you if there was someone coming in the other lane.  I can't imagine how there haven't been deaths along there.  

I am so happy to be here because I feel so at home in Montana.  I spent the last half of my first childhood here in the Missoula area.  

We are camped about 20 miles south of Missoula in a Forest Service campground. They had an accessible site available with electricity.  With Rob's Access Pass the cost is $5 per night plus $3 for the electricity.  There are no other hookups so we don't know how long we can stay before we have to dump the gray tanks. We are practicing strict water conservation. 

Rob is having a tooth pulled on Wednesday we hope.  All of the necessary paperwork has been done so hopefully we can put this painful tooth situation behind us and move along. 

I drove into Missoula this afternoon for some things we needed and took the two photos in today's post on the way back to camp. 

After I returned home I was a complete klutz and cut my left index finger with my swanky paring knife. I bled like a stuck pig and made quite a mess.  I had to holler for Rob to come and help me. I'm all stuck back together and bandaged up but it sure is hard to type without that finger.  

4 comments:

  1. Nice views of the mountains. Those bike riders can really create a dangerous situation. Good luck with the tooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dizzy it is gorgeous here. Early enough to be nice and green but still sunny and warm. I'm looking forward to taking a few drives around the area.
      Juley

      Delete
  2. When I retire, I'm going to high tail it out of southern Arizona and head to some place like that. I'm so sick of the desert after living here for over 50 years, and I can't wait to see green grass, brooks and trees. That's a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing here Donna. I fall in love again every time we come back. Hope you get to make the trip sometime soon.
      Juley

      Delete