Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Drying Out the Little RV

In my last post I wrote about the water damage to the front end of the Little RV. This morning the insurance inspector came and surveyed the damage and pronounced it "not covered".  I wasn't surprised but I was a bit disappointed.  

Water damage is not covered unless it is the result of something like a crash or a tree falling on the RV.  

I learned a lot from the inspector did have some good information for me about what needs to be done and how the water may be getting in.  

So, over the next few days we will be doing what we can to dry out, reassemble and seal her up.  

As for the overflowing toilet, we have good news.  Most of the fixtures and appliances seem to have a 2 year warranty.  The toilet is still covered.  I called Dometic, the toilet manufacturer, and they are sending us a new water valve.  We are expecting the valve on Thursday and are keeping an eagle eye on the water level.  It appears to be a very easy installation and we'll pick up an extra valve so we have one on hand should it ever fail again.

No comments:

Post a Comment