Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Waiving the White Flag of Surrender in the Little RV

Uncle!
You win!
We surrender!

Yesterday I called the Oregon Attorney General Office to check on the status of our complaint against DRV.  I was told they referred the complaint to the Washington AG office.  The Washington AG office says that is extremely off since 
the purchase was made in Oregon.  Washington suggested I file a new claim on their online system and start over because it may take a while for the complaint to get forwarded to their offices.  When I finally got off the phone I was so angry and frustrated.  I had waited for three weeks to hear from the Oregon AG office only to find nothing had been or would be done.  

While I was fuming I started thinking about how many hours, days and even weeks this holding tank situation had stolen from our lives.   I decided it has to end even if we have to foot the bill.  We really need to start the new year with a fully functional RV.  

If you haven't been following along this post should bring you up to speed.  

Don't get me wrong, I haven't let go of the idea that this is wrong and to me right and wrong are very black and white.  DRV should fix this problem once and for all or failing their willingness to fix the problem they should be made to fix it.  BUT... it's just not worth any more angst, heartache, anger, tears or time.  

So, when we go to Oregon next week to get our repairs done we are going to have electric valves put on the two holding tanks that have been giving us fits.  DRV will only pay for the replacement of the current mechanical style valves so we have to pay for the "upgrade" as DRV calls it.  The repair shop quoted us $500 to $800 for the "upgrade". I'm sure this will officially end DRV's obligation for any further problems we may have with these two valves.  That kind of rubs me the wrong way too.  

Guess it's just time to waive the white flag and move along.  After all, life is too short to deal with this any longer.

10 comments:

  1. It isn't fair that you have to foot the bill, but it needs done so you can enjoy your RV. Get it done, keep on RVing, but keep trying to get reimbursed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you can't get a little media attention on this. Here in the Phoenix area, one of our news stations has a segment called "Let Joe Know" and they investigate consumer problems and usually get some action because the companies don't like the bad press. You should look for something like that in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree you just need to get it done BUT don't give up on trying to get reimbursed. Just keep all your documentation and file what you need to. The waiting and worrying will end and if you end up getting paid back think of it as a bonus. Sometimes you just need to let things go in the present but I would not just give up. File a complaint in the state the 5th wheel was manufactured as well as with Washington and I would also try to get a tv station in Oregon interested because it might not embarrass DRV but it MIGHT embarrass the Oregon AG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Peer pressure at my age! OK, I'll keep at it but the situation has been sucking the joy out of my life for far too long..
      Thanks everyone!

      Delete
    2. Just hate the idea that they can get away with it, besides, it isn't an inexpensive fix so why should you have to pay for their mistake! I don't think any of us feel you should spend all your time trying to get satisfaction but rather that perhaps a bit more time (knowing it might not work so NOT getting your hopes up) may pay off in the end. Whatever you decide just know I wish you the best.

      Delete
    3. Sue O, Donna and Dizzy,
      Hope I didn't sound like your encouragement, or anyone else for that matter, was unwanted. Between Rob's illnesses and Grant's allergies and the Little (Lemon) RV's illnesses I just can't cope sometimes. I'll pull myself together eventually and fight a good fight. First I have to push something else over the side of my plate to make room.
      Juley

      Delete
  4. What beautiful photography, I love the mushrooms especially. I just found your blog and currently we are neighbors as I'm just east of Olympia in Roy and landlocked due to DH's commitments so traveling along on other's blogs helps me live vicariously thru them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Lynne and thank you!
      I love it when a new reader comments. Ha! I love it when anyone comments. Rob and I have lived in this area (or very nearby) for the better part of 17 years. I lived here long before that. We are home for the holidays and for the birth of our newest granddaughter, Clementine, who was born on 10/1. We'll be heading south to San Diego at the beginning of January. This rain is killing us. We are starting to grow mold between out toes.
      I hope you'll eventually be able to hit the road and enjoy it all for yourself.
      Juley

      Delete
  5. I know an awesome RV repairman in Tacoma if you need one. He is expensive but worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are locked in to our current repair service because they have all of our parts and this is an ongoing situation. Hopefully this is the end.
      Juley

      Delete