Sunday, November 24, 2013

There are no Words...

Here in Troutdale we settled in to our site and got comfortable.  We are still having wind gusts of 50 mph or more.  

Before we left Junction City we added some tank cleaner to the gray tanks.  We drove up with them half full so the cleaner would slosh around and clean things up.   After we got set up I did two loads of laundry to fill the tank and clean the whole thing out really well.  When the gray tanks were full I went out to dump them.  I pushed the fancy new electric valve button.... wait for it... 

NOTHING HAPPENED

It doesn't work.  Nothing happened, no light, no sound, no water, nothing.  To top that off, the water pump light seems to be on permanently.  We have no literature, no packaging, and I have searched the interwebs high and low for some type of manual or installation instructions so we can get more information but I cannot find anything. 

So here we are on Thanksgiving week with a full gray tank, looking at driving back to Junction City tonight to get this thing functioning.  By the way, the tank that is full is the one that holds the water from the shower.

8 comments:

  1. I hope the whole world reads your blog and NO ONE ever buys a DRV trailer! This company should be sued out of business for all the trouble they have put you through. I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, I'm feeling particularly cranky about this situation now so I have been thinking about possible recourse, legal or publicity perhaps. I just don't know what to do anymore. Whatever this problem is, it's not DRV who installed the new valves so not directly their fault. Indirectly it is completely their fault! We just have to decide if the irritation and anger are better acted upon or forgotten. That's a hard one because we are worn down. Either way, you'll be the first to know.
      Juley

      Delete
  2. I suppose you could look on the bright side; it could have been the black water tank. Anyway, it is too cold to take a shower (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sorry for your troubles. I wonder if it just froze with the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne,
      It's not frozen, we checked. We even tried it with the electric unplugged to see if it would only work with the battery power, No dice! We'll be at the service door when they open it in the morning. I'm sure they'll be just as thrilled as we are.
      Juley

      Delete
  4. Oh my, there are no words for what I'm thinking right now that wouldn't set my screen on fire! That said, when things calm down after the holidays and weather breaks if it were me I would make my way to their (DRV) main offices and if HONEY didn't get me satisfaction I would not just contact the local press I would paint a HUGE sign, put it on my 5th wheel and drive all over the area. The sign would direct people to a special blog I would create that just documented all the problems! Almost went that route with a truck dealership years ago and learned that as long as I didn't 'slander' them on the actual sign, they had no recourse! LOL But when they realized I was dead serious they did right by us.

    But right now I just feel so badly for you both, enough is enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue O,
      I like your way of thinking. I'll just tuck that away for "just in case". I am certainly not opposed but I am hopeful that we are finished with these valve problems.
      Juley

      Delete