Thursday, November 21, 2013

Baby it's Cold Outside the Little RV!

I believe I underestimated the number of layers of clothing I'd be needing while we're moteling it!  It was cold yesterday when I took Grant out for his morning business appointment but this morning it's brutal.  Sure the thermometer says 27 degrees but the wind takes it to a whole new level.  The tears were freezing on my cheeks this morning.    Grant seemed unscathed by the cold and frankly he was mighty perky.  

After he finished up we jumped into the truck and headed our for big, hot lattes'.   Since I just didn't think I could cope with the rude kid at the OTHER coffee place I decided to try Dutch Bros.  I had never been there before but it was a very good experience and the employees were very friendly.

Mission accomplished!


We dropped the Little RV off at the repair shop on Tuesday afternoon and checked into the motel.  Nice place and lots of room for Grant. 

As of yesterday at 1:30 pm the Little RV was still sitting outside the bay at the shop waiting to be worked on.  Upon questioning this discovery, I was informed for the first time that our 8:30 am appointment was simply to check in and get the ticket written up but it was by no means the time they would begin the repairs.  This is not looking good!

On the flip side, yesterday's morning shower was LONG and HOT and I'll be taking another just like it today.  If I have learned anything at all these past 18 months, it's enjoy the little things. 

2 comments:

  1. One should always try to make the best out of any situation. Life is just too dang short not to and the older we get the more we realize that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Dizzy, I agree one should but can one? That is the question.

      Delete