Our current repair shop has sent an estimate to DRV for the replacement of the valves with electric and DRV has denied the estimate stating it is too expensive. This prompted me to write a heartfelt email to DRV letting them know how much it has cost us over the past 18 months to deal with these problems. I also let them know that I has spoken with the Oregon Office of the Attorney General and was told that if the problem began and repairs were attempted during the warranty period DRV was obligated to continue to repair the problem.
Their response was simply, "We are obligated to repair, not “ upgrade” , I have no problem replacing the valves if needed, if you choose to upgrade to electric, the upcharge will be at your expense."
I was stunned. Apparently they are willing to pay to have the valves changed out again (the third time) but not replace them with the electric type. I wonder how much they are willing to spend on changing out the valves repeatedly for an indefinite period before they finally pay for the electric type?
At what point do we give up and pay to get them installed ourselves? Am I cutting my nose off despite my face? I guess I'm not there yet. To me there is a principal here and I'm feeling like they are just pushing back in hopes we will go away and they'll be off the hook.
I have now filed a complaint with the AG's office. Once again, we are waiting. The repair shop is trying to get something worked out with DRV, some of our parts have still not arrived, and we are going to move up to Washington for medical appointments soon. We have rescheduled our repairs for the week before Thanksgiving.
I dream of leaving for warmer places after Christmas with a fully functioning RV. Is that really so much to ask?