Monday, October 14, 2013

Grant - The Saga Continues

Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny Fall day.  Rob has been cooped up in the Little RV for so long he really needed to get out and get some air and a change of scenery.  So, we three got in the truck and started out on an adventure.  Before we even managed to get out of the RV park Grant had started scratching his face and was bleeding and crying. Back home we went!

We put Grant inside and gave him a Benadryl (with no soy or corn starch) and started emptying the truck of its contents.  Obviously whatever set the itching off was in the truck.  We removed his doggie hammock, blew the truck out with the air compressor, vacuumed and scrubbed every square inch with simple green.  The cleaning frenzy took three hours.  I'm washing the hammock and the rugs that go on top of the hammock.  Whatever it is, I hope we were able to obliterate it!

Grant has not scratched his face and head since we got him out of the truck.  He's pretty perky this morning. 

We think Rob will be ready to move by the end of the week.  We considered staying here a while longer but it's quite expensive.  The weekly rate is $260 and we are on week three already.  We can convert to a monthly rate but that requires a criminal background check, a credit check, and several application forms.  Oh, did I mention the background and credit checks cost $30 per person.  Come on!  It's a nice enough park but not that nice.  

Our repairs were scheduled to be done today but had to be cancelled because the parts are not at the repair shop yet. We have no idea when the parts for our repairs will arrive and when or if the valve replacement will be done but we would like it all done at the same time so we only have to move out once.  
We'd really like to make a trip somewhere warmer and sunnier but not too far away.  I have no idea where that is but I'm working on it.  Wherever we go we must have full hook-ups because our black tank valve seems to be leaking all the time now.  

Life is good even though we have ISSUES.  I'm sitting here in front of the fireplace in my chair and in my jammies, with my blanket and giant mug of coffee.  It's quiet and the fog is starting to burn off.  Grant is sleeping by my feet and I think I'll go see my grandkids today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment