Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Little RV has a Very Busy Day

This morning we were in Lamar, CO, a very small town, at the tire shop by 8:30 and had 5 brand spanking new tires on and were rolling down the highway by 10:30.  We are very hopeful that our chronic tire problems are behind us.  The tires we got were a special order for someone else and when they came in the tires were too wide for the vehicle.  Apparently they had just arrived within the last couple of days.  These are the exact tires we have been looking for but nobody had them in stock.  Guess it was meant to be.  Don't you love it when things like that happen?

Our destination today was Cheyenne Mountain State Park near Colorado Springs, Colorado.  The trip was just under 150 miles.  We got a back in site because we didn't have a reservation and I had been asking Rob to let me park the Little (HUGE) RV next time we had to back in.  Today was the day.  Armed with our walki talkies the fun began.  It took a while and a bit of back and forth but we're parked!  



We have to move across the street tomorrow but it's a pull through so it should be fairly easy.  The site across the street is available for 10 days so we can stay as long as we like.  

As we were driving up from the Pueblo area I realized I was looking at the Rocky Mountains and the snow covered peak of Pike's Peak.  The view made me feel so at home and so excited.  I'm just a mountain girl at heart.  Rob says he's feeling at home too. 

Tomorrow I've got to clean the Little RV from stem to stern.  The dust storms and driving through such dry country really allowed the dust to sift in.  I could write "Dust Me" in the layer of dust on the cabinets.  Hopefully I'll have some pictures of this beautiful area for our next blog post. 

4 comments:

  1. I want to see a picture taken from the top of that small maountain in the background. That could be an morning hiking adventure. What do you thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you are suggesting I hike up the larger MOUNTAIN behind the Little RV. I'm still laughing.

      Delete
  2. Karen Guilliams RobertsMay 31, 2013 at 6:24 PM

    Or ... you could just stand on the rock next to the little RV ... that would be my choice!! *laughin* Beautiful country all around you ... ENJOY ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I'm with you. We'll get some better photos but Rob is having a heck of a time with the thin air and his breathing so we're laying low waiting to see if he adjusts. If not, we're outta here!

      Delete