Please keep Oklahoma in your hearts and prayers while they attempt to recover from the awful storms they have suffered.
Yesterday evening around 7:10 I got an emergency alert on my cell phone stating "Tornado warning, take cover immediately." Exactly where does one take cover in an RV. We do have a basement but I don't think that would work.
We decided that if the worst appeared, we'd run for the truck and drive like the devil was chasing us.
Within a few minutes our satellite went out and the wind really kicked up. We rode out Super-storm Sandy in Connecticut in the Little RV and these winds were just as strong but they were straight line winds and really rocked the Little RV. Then came some serious rain and hail.
While all of this was happening I was watching the skyline out the window just in case. I did see funnels forming several times but they broke apart before anything ugly happened. The warning was lifted at 7:45 and we relaxed a little but there was a watch until 3am.
This morning we were up at 6 am because we had to pack and get ready to drop off the Little RV. Unfortunately, the weather was awful this morning as well. Poor Rob had to do all of the tank flushing and putting things away in a driving rain with some pretty loud thunder to accompany him. I hauled our hotel stuff to the truck and we got hitched up and headed for the RV Service center. We were both soaked and really cold. I'm not sure how we managed it but we were 30 minutes early for our 9 am appointment time.
Long story short, we are now checked into our hotel, the Little RV is inside getting her belly opened up and her parts replaced. It's basically a black tank transplant with all of the associated parts being replaced as well. We are hopeful we will only be in the hotel one or two nights.
Grant has repeatedly voiced his displeasure at the situation. Every noise causes him to bark. Hopefully they won't throw us out on our ears!