Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Little RV Visits Paris

On Sunday we drove from Louisiana into Texas.  We are camped near the town of Paris, Texas.  We stumbled on a great little RV park just outside Paris.  The owners are among the nicest I have ever met.  
After spending one night we decided to stay another so I went into the office to pay for our site and ended up chatting with the owner for a bit.  

She told me where we can get groceries and suggested we stop to see the Eiffel Tower.  Who knew?  Paris, Texas has an Eiffel Tower!   She also mentioned that you can just drive by and don't even have to get out of the car.  That brought back some memories.  I told her my story of seeing the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.  

Before Rob became disabled he worked in the tech industry.  There were several years when he worked as a consultant away from home full time.  Sometimes he was in California, Virginia, or Cleveland, but sometimes he worked overseas.  There was a spring and summer when he worked in London.  I was fortunate enough to be able to fly over and spend several weeks at a time with him. 

On Easter weekend that year we decided to take the train to Paris.  As we were traveling there Rob began to feel sick.  As the day progressed he felt worse and worse.  We had seen Notre Dame, walked along the river in a drizzling rain, stopped in for Hard Rock Paris shirts but we hadn't seen the Eiffel Tower yet.  

We finally decided that Rob was too sick and we needed to go back to London right away.  We took a taxi to the train station but on the way we asked him to drive by the Eiffel Tower.  I did get to see it and I even snapped a few photos.  Poor Rob had food poisoning from something he ate the day before at work. 

Yesterday, I put the new tire on the RV and stowed the spare back underneath.  It seems I'm getting good at this.  We are getting new wheels and tires.  Hopefully, I can put those skills to rest. 

Onward to Oklahoma!  Wonder what we'll find there?

No comments:

Post a Comment