Tuesday, April 16, 2013

New Orleans and Commenting on Rob and Me in our Little RV Posts

Yesterday we arrived in New Orleans, Louisiana.  
It was a short drive, only about 65 miles.  We are set up in a campground that is located in the middle of a very large and rundown industrial area.  It's like an oasis in the middle of a very large and ugly desert.  The park is nice and is located on Lake Pontchartrain.  We plan to spend two nights here and if we want to stay in the area longer we may move to a state park.  I need space.  Today we'll be checking out the sights and may splurge on some Cajun food at one of the local restaurants.  Rob is itching to try alligator nuggets.  Me, not so much.  I'll go for something more traditional.  Hopefully we'll have a much more exciting blog post tomorrow.  

Several months ago a reader left a comment stating that she wouldn't comment again because of the word verification requirement.  I do love a good comment so I decided to turn off that feature and see what might happen. There was very little spam without word verification for a long time but recently it has really picked up.  Sadly, I have to turn it back on.  Please continue to leave comments.  The make me as happy as when I get to add a new state to our visited state map. 

Word verification causes the person leaving the comment to retype the word produced by the system in order to post the comment.  The reason for doing this is to block automated spam comments from being posted.  That is all it does.  It stops the people who send automated spam from posting on my blog. You can still leave an anonymous post. I just wanted to explain the change you will see when you comment. 

8 comments:

  1. Spam, yep the only kind I like is the kind you can eat with eggs or on a sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried to comment before...unsuccessfully. This is just a test to see if I can do it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were successful this time! Welcome and please feel free to comment as often as you like.

      Delete
  3. Thumbs up to good eating....NOL is a must see and a must EAT kind of city for sure. ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just sometimes have trouble reading the letters you are supposed to type. Hopefully your system won't be like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have trouble reading those too. I believe if you can't read the one you get you can click to ask for another.

      Delete