Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Plans and Travel Plans for the Little RV

Sunday is Easter and we are hosting this year.  Rob's family are coming to our "house" for Easter dinner.  Since it is supposed to be 80 degrees we'll be grilling and eating our Easter dinner outside. I've got the menu planned and groceries purchased and plan to do most of the cooking ahead tomorrow so I can enjoy the day.  

For dessert I'm making cupcakes with Cadbury Cream Eggs baked inside.  I found them on Pinterest.  If you've never been on Pinterest, check it out.  It's a veritable goldmine of ideas and eye candy.


Capital Reef National Park

This morning Rob and I spent some time discussing what we really want to see and do on the way back to the West coast.  Several years ago we took a car trip to Utah.  We loved it there.  The rock formations are amazing and this time we can take our home with us.  Utah is high on the list for time allotment.  there are also many more opportunities for boondocking in Utah.  We are very eager to spend some time learning that skill.  Here are a couple of photos from our last visit to Utah. 
Natural Bridge, Bryce Canyon
 
Stone Window, Grand Canyon Lodge, North Rim

We also want to visit the memorial in Oklahoma City, OK.  

Monday when we leave here we are heading to Naples, FL on the West coast.  We'll spend a few days there as a jumping off point for exploring The Everglades.  After that, we head North. I have to say I am very excited about coloring in all of the new states we will be traveling through. 
 


4 comments:

  1. Wow, those Easter cup cakes sound goooood. Be careful the allagators don't get you in the Everglades. I have a lot of places listed on my "bucket list" that I know I will never get to see, but will try to get some in before my time is up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a bucket list Dizzy. I never needed one. Rob makes sure my life is always action packed. He told me he would before I married him and he was right. Put your apron on and make some of those cupcakes.

      Delete
  2. I will never be able to travel either, but love to see places on all the blogs. Thx for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to keep 'em coming Trouble. Hope you are able to make some memories along the way.

      Delete