Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Low Sodium Thai Chicken Pizza

Rob and I used to get an awesome Thai chicken pizza back at home.  I can't even guess how much sodium is in that pizza but today it occurred to me that I could use a sauce adapted from one of the recipes on my daughter's blog, Dandelions on the Wall as the base for my own version of Thai Chicken Pizza.



I have been planning to make pizza for about a week because I found some prepared pizza crusts made by Archer Farms at Target.  There are two 12" thin and crispy pre-made crusts in each package.
Lower Sodium Thai Chicken Pizza
144 mg sodium per slice

Sauce
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp. Freshly Grated Ginger
1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
2 tsp. Braggs Liquid Aminos
3 tsp. Water
1 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp. No salt added Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp. Unseasoned Rice Vinegar
1/4 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes

Combine all ingredients until smooth.  Top each crust with half of the sauce.

Toppings
2 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Chicken, finely chopped

1/4 cup Carrots, shredded
1/4 cup Unsalted Peanuts, chopped
Cilantro to taste

Spread toppings evenly over crust and bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.  Cut each pizza into 6 slices.

Taste notes:  The toppings were full of flavor but the crust left us very disappointed.  It was very dry even though I put a good amount of sauce on top.  Next time I plan to use something different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment