Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Quiet Day in the Little RV

Today was a really nice day.  It started with a glowing sunrise.
The weather was in the mid 70s with a nice breeze.  Rob decided to go south and visit his Mom and Grant and I stayed behind because we had important things to do. 



I am a list maker.  I love to make a list and check things off as they are completed.  At the top of the list was to determine whether we have coverage for a rental car while our truck is being repaired next week.  In case you missed that exciting adventure, you can see it here As it turns out, we don't have that coverage.  In fact, our insurance doesn't even offer that benefit.  Guess we'll be renting an econobox for a weekOn the upside, the fuel will certainly go a lot further.  

Grant and I conintued to check things off our list.  I made some phone calls to family and friends, did a little laundry, organized the refrigerator and sat out under the awning in the shade for a while.  It was a quiet day but we accomplished so much.  

Grant is a barker and every time I want to leave the door open for air he lays by the door and watches for things to bark at.  Eventually I give up and close the door.  I had an idea to allow air in but keep Grant from seeing all of the neighborhood happenings.  Our RV came with plastic "storm windows" for the screen doorThere are two, one for the top and a smaller one from the bottom.  I bought a piece of white poster board and cut it to fit between the screen and storm window.  It blocks Grant's view but still allows air to come in through the screen on the top half of the door.  Works like a charm! 

An evening shot of the Little RV.  



4 comments:

  1. OMG, the first picture is gorgeous!!! I love the water and the sunlight streaming through the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why Thank You. I have seen some beautiful sunrises and sets since we got here. The fact that I have to take Grant over to take care of his business gives me opportunities to snap photos!

      Delete
  2. Good idea for the door. We have three Shih Tzu dogs and when we go some where they bark and bark. Not sure how to stop that. Maybe putting them in separate cages and putting the cages in different rooms? They love to travel but don't like to be left alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dizzy, I was afraid Grant would bark the whole time when left alone in the RV but he doesn't . Thank goodness!

      Delete