Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Little RV Visits Gettysburg

Today we were up early.  For some reason Rob woke up around 4 am and I am such a light sleeper I was up shortly after.  We got fluffed up, checked out of the hotel and went to pick up the little RV.  We were on the road by 8:30 am.  It wasn't a very nice traveling day because is was so foggy. We passed the Newtown, Sandy Hook, Connecticut exit on the way out of Connecticut.  There were memorials from the shooting along the freeway in a couple of different places.  My heart goes out to everyone directly impacted by the senseless act of violence.
Newtown, Sandy Hook Exit in Connecticut

Connecticut / New York Boarder
New York / Pennsylvania Boarder
We landed in Gettysburg, PA. about 4:00 this afternoon.  The temperature was a balmy 53 degrees.  We both thought we might enjoy exploring the history of this area.   We plan to stay a couple of days and have a look around.  Rob was beat from a long day of driving and has gone to bed early.  I'm working on laundry and blogging and Grant is catching up on his sleep by my feet.  

This is the route we took today.  We drove about 380 miles.


I'm adding a picture I took the other day while driving through Groton, CT.  This is the US Coast Guard Academy.  It really is a beautiful place.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment