Sunday, January 27, 2013

Making Lemonade in the Little RV

We're kind of stuck here for a few more days.  We needed to get some of Rob's medications refilled and we do that via mail order so I ordered them expecting then to be sent USPS as they ALWAYS are.  When I checked the order status I discovered they are being sent UPS Ground from Seattle.  Ugh, that's a whole week of waiting I had not anticipated.  Now to make lemonade or lemon bars (that was for you Dad) from the lemons. 

When we moved into the Little RV I knew I would have to rearrange and readjust our belongings a couple of times in order to use the space more efficiently.  It's time for a BIG rearrange. 

I started working on the kitchen today.  There is so little counter space to work with you kind of have to shuffle things around to rearrange.  It takes a lot of time and patience.  I think it will take another couple of hours to finish the kitchen but it's not happening tonight.  I'm beat but I really like the results so far!

After the kitchen is finished I'm going to work on the storage space under the bed.  I think there are quite a few things under there that we just don't need to keep.  There is a place in town to make donations of household items, which makes it easier.   I'd also like to find some things I know are here somewhere but seem to have vanished into a deep, black hole.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. I love everything LEMOM and the task of a small kitchen...well that's the challenge but what reward :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rearranging the whole RV and am almost finished but yes, the reward is a great one.

      Delete
  2. I'm a tosser,,,not a keeper, so I like to do that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too but I already got rid of at least 95% of everything and had to make an educated guess as to what I would need. I got a lot of it right but I got some of it wrong too. I love to cook and my husband has to be on a very low sodium diet so I use my kitchen all the time and make everything from scratch. I love it when the purging is done though!

      Delete