Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Decorating the Little RV for Christmas


When we downsized our belongings to only what we could take in the RV, I let go of many boxes of Christmas decorations but choose to keep one small tote with some of my smaller, more versatile things.  Flat things like snowflakes and stockings made the cut.   I also kept some berry garland knowing it would be easy to use but not in the way.  

We have what most would consider a big RV.  It's certainly got a healthy allowance of storage and living space by RV standards. By no means does it have an excess of either.  Surface spaces are the hardest to come by.  I don't even consider taking a square inch of my beloved kitchen counter space for something as frivolous as decor.  So, when I started decorating the other day I mostly stuck to high places.  There are three small cabinet top spaces in the kitchen area that I decided to decorate.  You can see two of them in the photo below.
We are stationary until just after Christmas but if we were moving I could still decorate the same way by using museum putty and sticking it all down.  It would stay right where I put it until I decided to take it down.  Great stuff!  I also used clear Command Hooks that are removable and don't damage the surface you stick them too.  They are a staple around here.

What Christmas decor' would be complete without a Christmas tree?  I found this "ornament tree" online.  It comes apart and is very small and flat when disassembled.  Very easy to store!  It actually came with three tiers but was just about 1/2 inch too tall for the space.  I'll surgically alter it before next Christmas so it'll fit.  The bird is Finneus.  I had to keep him.
 Christmas decor' in the little RV so far this year!
 
Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

  1. Karen Guilliams RobertsDecember 7, 2012 at 9:41 AM

    I was thinking one of those "Charlie Brown Christmas" trees would work (and they play music too) ... you are doing a wonderful job Juley, keep up the great work!
    Merry Christmas to the entire family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen,
      I hadn't thought of a Charlie Brown tree but it would certainly fit. Maybe next year! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

      Delete