Thursday, November 22, 2012

It Smells Like Thanksgiving in The Little RV

It's 3:30 in the afternoon and Rob and I are in our jammies.  We're both under the weather and potentially contagious enough to sicken up to 40 people at the dinner we were supposed to attend.  We decided to keep our germs to ourselves and have stayed home.  Grant seems quite please by the whole situation.  I'm under a blanket in my chair and my 50 pound lap dog is sound asleep on my lap.  

The other day when Rob started coming down with whatever this is, I suspected we would be staying home today so I picked up some ingredients for a simple Thanksgiving dinner.  I was looking for a small, boneless turkey like I generally find at home but was unsuccessful.  I did however, find a fresh turducken!   In case you don't know, a turducken is turkey that has been removed from the bones in one piece then stuffed with a boneless duck followed by a boneless chicken the all tied up into what looks like a large turkey breast.  I've never tried one but have always wanted to.  The size is perfect for my little oven at only 4 lbs.  

I  made a small batch of dressing this morning and it's baking away in the oven.  After some thought I decided to cook the turducken in my pressure cooker.  It will take about 35 - 40 minutes and be done around the same time as the dressing.  It smells heavenly in the little RV!  How lucky we are that even though we are not feeling so hot, we can still be here in comfort and warmth and enjoy the aroma of a holiday meal.  
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment