Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Counting My Blessings in The Little RV

It's been a busy few days.  We had a great visit with Rob's cousin Joanne.  We call her Jo.  It's been a few years since we've seen her and it was good to catch up.  Shortly before Jo arrived, Rob started having some cold symptoms but nothing major.  By the time Jo left the following day, it had developed into a full blown case of something.  I think it's the flu.  We do have an RN and a paramedic / fire fighter just steps from our door and several more medical personnel right here in the neighborhood so a quick medical opinion is pretty easy to obtainNeedless to say Thanksgiving plans have changed.  Joanne's brother, Joe is a professional chef and had invited us to spend the holiday with them and about 30 other hungry guests at thier home in Rhode Island. 

Yesterday, when it started to look like we'd be staying home for Thanksgiving, I went to the grocery store and picked up a few things so we could have out own little celebration in the Little RV.  Rob may not feel like eating it but maybe he'll be interested in some leftovers in a day or two.  Looks like I'll be doing a little cooking today.  I do love to cook. 

Even though things haven't worked out the way we planned I am thankfulWhat am I thankful for this Thanksgiving?

I'm thankful for my dear husband, our families including parents, siblings, children and grandchildren, our opportunity to live this new lifestyle, and countless other blessings in our lives.  

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment