Friday, October 5, 2012

Update on the RV Repairs

We stopped by the repair shop today to pick up a couple more things we need from the RV and to see how the repairs are coming along.  

Donny, the man doing the repairs was happy to put the slides out so I could get inside.  He asked me a couple of questions about the 12V jacks we are having installed in the bedroom and left me to get what I needed.  Most importantly, a pair of long pants for Rob who generally wears shorts year round.  Mission accomplished, Donny showed me the progress on the exterior.  The scratches have all been buffed out of the side, front cap and end cap.  The radius metal along the side of the roof has been replaced and he was just getting the adhesive ready to apply the roof membrane as I was on my way out.  

Additionally, the air conditioner unit has been ordered and is expected on Monday or Tuesday.  The decals were due to arrive yesterday but still hadn't shown up this morning so they called and the company agreed to overnight a new set which will arrive on Monday (hopefully).  I'm told applying the decals is an 8 hour job.  If all goes according to plan, we'll get her back on Wednesday afternoon.  I'm so ready!

The weather is supposed to improve this weekend and there are still a few things we are interested in seeing and doing.  Rob seems to have developed a cold so we'll play it by ear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment