Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Little RV Meets Hurricane Sandy - Part II

Sandy was here and we survivedWe're alive, undamaged, dry and even have power.  We were very lucky to have lost power for less than 24 hours.  there were some trees down in the neighborhood but I think that was the extent of the damage locally.

Those along coast were not nearly so fortunate.  We haven't been down that way but the pictures we are seeing on TV and the internet are truly awful. 

I don't know what I expected but it was not nearly as bad as I thought I would be.  I've been searching the internet trying to find out what the wind gust speed was where we are parked but I can't find that information.  The thing that struck me most was that I could hear a gust of wind coming from far away long before I could feel it hit the Little RV.  

I'm certainly glad we didn't stay in the RV park we had planned on because it's very near the water and they got hit hard down there and the Little RV might have been in big trouble. 

So Rob, Grant and Me and the Little RV did indeed survive Hurricane Sandy.  Wonder what other surprises the future holds?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment