Monday, October 29, 2012

The Little RV Meets Hurricane Sandy - Part 1

One of my first text messages this morning was from our Son-in-Law Alex, it read, "Happy Hurricane Day"!  

The storm has intensified but it's still a ways out.  We are getting some pretty good gusts here.  They shake the RV some but not awful.  Since I've never been in a hurricane, I really have no idea what to expect. The movie "Twister" comes to mind?  There were cows blowing around inside the funnel of the tornado.  Now I really don't expect that, but it does come to mind. 

Grant has been a little jumpy so we put his thunder shirt on and are giving it the ultimate test.  
So far, so good.  You can see he is flaked out and asleep on the floor here in the living room.

We're not getting a satellite signal on our Dish Tailgater now, so TV is out but we still have internet access.  We did see some local news this morning saying the highways will be closing at 1:00 pm except for emergency personnel like Alex who has to go to work this afternoon.  

I put on my red sweater this morning so they could find me in the rubble (just kidding mom) of the RV after the storm or perhaps whirling around with the cows.  


No comments:

Post a Comment