Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Meltdown in the Little RV

If you know me you know I don't do clutter or disorganization.  I'm a clean freak and a neat freak as well.  I'm not dealing with cramped and disorganized very well.  Yesterday when I attempted to cook dinner I hit the wall and had a minor meltdown.  

I have used the gas stove 2 or 3 times since we got the RV but yesterday I had to use 2 burners at the same time so both covers had to be removed and everything on that counter had to be moved.  I also needed my tiny food processor so I had to get my little step stool and climb up to a high cabinet.  After I finished using the processor, I couldn't find a place to set it down. Did I mention I was also cooking chicken for Grant in the pressure cooker on the other counter?  Anyway, that was about the point where I lost it and started to cry. 

I spent a good part of yesterday organizing and properly storing things.  It's better but I clearly have to learn to function in a very small kitchen.  I have even knocked things off the counter accidentally and one day there I know there will be a HUGE mess.  Not looking forward to that.  

Later in the evening I got a mini lecture from Rob about being retired and learning to relax.  I know he's right but I don't think I can actually relax when I feel so disorganized.  I am my Father's daughter.  Dad just never sits down and is so very organized.  

So, today I am going to make pulled pork in the slow cooker for dinner and try to read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment