Sunday, August 5, 2012

Moving in...

Today we really started moving into the RV.  We've been moving a little here and there but we are heading out on a trip on Thursday and we need to get organized and make sure we have everything we need with us. 

It was interesting to see how well things stayed put when we had our driving lesson yesterday.  Most things were pretty much where we left them but the entertainment center cabinets in the back where a mess.  Things had shifted around quite a bit.  I'll have to make sure things are really packed in before we head out.  Even if it's extra towels and blankets.

The kitchen is quite a challenge.  For whatever reason, they choose to make the shelves in my big cabinet about two feet apart.  I'm going to add a couple more shelves so the space can be used more efficiently.

Right now we are balancing what we need to leave in the house with what we can go ahead and move to the RV.  Small appliances will have to wait for a few more days.  

I've read so many times that when it comes time to move in, the RV owners discover that they have way too much stuff and have to get rid of even more.  I think we have been so aggressive in our purging that we may no have that problem.  I may have to eat my words.     

No comments:

Post a Comment